In this class you'll "learn" Marketing by "doing" Marketing--no boring textbooks here!
The entire class is organized around one BIG project that spans the entire semester--you'll work with your team to develop a marketing plan for a new business to be developed in the Anderson area. You'll explore many marketing concepts as you produce the following pieces for your marketing plan and portfolio:
- A proposal for the business
- A mission statement and goals
- A market research tool and the results of market research
- A logo
- A marketing strategy statement
- A press release
- A print marketing piece
- A radio commercial
- A web site
- A social media plan
- A marketing plan
- A digital presentation highlighting and showcasing the above project components
This junior-level class meets on ‘A’ day mornings and is a one semester class taken during the first semester. One unit of college prep elective credit is awarded after successful completion of the course.