JOB SHADOWINGWhat is Job Shadowing?Shadowing is a short-term educational experience to introduce a student to a particular job by a one-on-one pairing of a student with an employee in a work environment. The student follows or "shadows" the worker for a specified time to better understand the requirements of a particular career.What are the Benefits of Job Shadowing?Students:
- It exposes students to the real "world of work".
- Students learn about the skills and education needed for a particular job or career and how these relate to their classroom studies.
- Helps students focus on their career interests.
- Share career experiences, insights, and knowledge with future members of the workforce.
- Assist in improving education programs.
ACTC is very fortunate to have many employers who are willing to job shadow students.