Social Media MarketingSocial media marketing is not just about snapping selfies and posting them on various platforms. Social media marketing is about connecting with consumers. In this class, you will learn to:
- Develop a social media strategy--to shape conversations, build loyalty and attract new customers
- Write targeted social media ads—learn and test different promotional strategies to create compelling social media ads across various platforms that increase engagement and social conversations
- Perform demographic targeting—analyze which types of content on which platforms work better with different demographics
- Learn social media content promotion strategies—learn the difference between earned, owned, and paid social media marketing promotion strategies and choose strategies to achieve the greatest reach
- Measure and analyze key performance indicators to improve your marketing efforts
- Learn how to budget for ads
- Schedule marketing content to post and go live at the best times
Through a variety of hands-on activities, projects, case studies, and simulations, you’ll learn how to effectively use social media to connect with customers, to create social conversations to support a business, and to assess the effectiveness of your social media efforts.
This senior-level class meets on 'B' day afternoons. It is a one semester class taken during the first semester (Fall). One unit of college prep elective credit is awarded after successful completion of the course.